Prior to take into account issues
- Are you able to explain why you are always better than other similar candidates?
- How can your skills benefit the hiring company?
- In the current situation, what type of industry or profession would benefit from your professional potential?
- What are your work demands (wages, hours, location, etc.) and how they are affecting the job search process?
- What companies you want to work and why?
Tips for writing your CV
- It is customary in the UK CV no more than two pages spread, but if you can adjust only one page will be even better.
- No photograph is attached. (Unless specifically requested).
- Normally, a specific section profile or career goal in which 3 or 4 lines explains who we are is included, what we do and where we want to work.
- Much more importance to the skills, competencies and knowledge acquired through professional practice is provided.
- Make sure your CV is well structured and presented. Remember that if a resume is hard to read, often will be discarded and forgotten.
- It is very important not to make typos. If possible, ask someone to check grammar and spelling.
- Do not use colored paper than the black and avoids using elaborate sources.
- The personal information (address and contact details) should appear at the top, followed by a brief summary of your training and academic qualifications.
- Then you must indicate your work experience, presenting chronologically backwards (ie, your last job, the first in the list). For each job you’ve played, make a brief description including responsibilities and how was it also reporting of results or achievements.
- It lists, in no more than three lines, a list of your personal activities or hobbies. If you have made voluntary social work or worth mentioning. Reports of the languages you know and training courses you’ve made.
- Normally, you must provide two references (once you have passed the stage of the interview). Sometimes it is required that one of the references is academic and other personal or character. References are a very important part of the recruitment process; 74% of companies contacted with the above mentioned companies. Be mentioned charges, names, addresses and telephone numbers of two people who can provide references on your CV.
- Al CV we accompany a letter (a “covering letter“) written computer. The typical structure of a letter could be as follows: in the first paragraph the reason for the letter explained, in the second information prior experience and training is provided, and the third other relevant information are targeted for the post and availability to attend an interview. British companies usually answer quickly; if they do not in four weeks should call to make sure they have received the request. Remember that consultants recruiters and companies receive hundreds of CVs, hence the importance of your cover letter stand out.